As Christians, we are called to serve others. We, the people of First United Methodist Church, invite you scroll down to read about the following ministries of our church, and prayerfully consider how you might help grow God’s kingdom here, on earth.
- Free Community Dinners – Held the last Wednesday of each month at First United Methodist Church in the fellowship hall. Come join community members for good food and good fellowship. November’s dinner is on Thanksgiving Day.
- Vacation Bible School – Held for one week in July. All children are welcome to attend, preschool through 6th grade. There are many volunteer opportunities for helping with vacation bible school.
- Angel Tree – At Christmas time, gifts are purchased and delivered to some families residing in the Clyde-Green Springs School District.
- School of Hope Christmas Dinner – Held in early December at First United Methodist Church. Volunteers welcome.
- Bible Studies – The Sisters bible study group meets on Mondays.
- United Methodist Women check back to see when this group will begin meeting again. Mary Dwight is president.
- Prayer Group – Meets on Wednesdays at 9:30 at First United
- Flood Bucket and Healthcare Kits – Prepared various times throughout the year and sent to the national United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) to be ready for disaster response.
- Cornhole competition – Held Sunday evenings in summer at the church.
- Dartball competition – Held Saturday mornings in winter at the church.
- Choir – Practice is on Wednesday evenings from 7 – 8 PM. The choir sings at many of the Sunday worship services.
- Handbell Choir – Practice is on Wednesday evenings from
6 – 7 PM. Bell choir plays at a number of Sunday Worship services.
- Children’s Handbell Choir
Opportunities to Serve
- Please click on the link to learn of opportunities to serve locally, nationally and worldwide